Re: Live CD and Package Licenses

On Friday 18 October 2002 10:23, Jamin W.Collins wrote:
> I've put together a Live CD for the Sony VAIO C1VN that I would like to
> release to the public, and would like to make sure that I'm not doing
> something wrong.  I don't think I am, but I would like to be sure.
>
> The areas of concern that I've come up with so far are:
> - Licensing
> - Package pool section (normal vs non-US)

provided you used only the contents of main the licensing should not be an
issue.  That is the whole point of main.  The only possible caveat would be
if the cd contained a package which had something like the old apache
advertising license.  If you added items from non-free or contrib you should
check over those licenses.

As for the non-US stuff this may be more complex.  I am not sure of what you
have to do here.  It may be required that you notify the US gov't or perhaps
Debian's work here makes it so you do not need to.