Re: wmaker and MiX problem

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 05:18:39PM +0500, Timur V. Irmatov wrote:
> Hello, people!
>
> I have debian 3.0 system up and running.  I want to use my windows
> machine as X terminal.  I have installed Microimages X server 3.0.11
> (MiX).  I launch it, then log into my Debian server, set DISPLAY
> variable, then try to run this : xcalc & .. It's OK, it is working..

why do you need to set $DISPLAY ?

You might be better off X in the more "classic" style by letting your
linux box be an XDMCP server; this will give you a normal X-windows
login screen in your X server on windows.

Exactly *how* to set your box as an xdmcp server depends on your X
display manager (xdm, gdm, kdm whatever). Have a look in the config
files for it; I believe that XDMCP is disabled by default in Debian, you
should only need to enable it.

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com