Re: How to compose a line in sources.list

Kent wrote:
>>I'm wanting to try out KDE3 from
>>
>>ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/desktops/kde/stable/3.0.4/Debian/sid/
>>
>>but I can't for the life of me figure out how to compose the
>>appropriate line in /etc/apt/sources.list.

John Schmidt replied:
Here is what mine looks like:

deb http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/kde/stable/3.0.4/Debian/woody ./

Note the lack of / after woody and the addition of ./

I assume you could do this for yours:

deb ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/desktops/kde/stable/3.0.4/Debian/sid ./

Thanks for the response. Nope, that didn't work. However, I tried your line and that works just fine. I'm not picky about where I get the packages. This is a fine solution for me.

Thanks!

Kent