Re: URL forwarding

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 12:00:09AM +0200, Sebastiaan wrote:
> Hey, looks like the stuff I need. Unfortunetely I am unable to configure
> it correctly. I am stranded at:
>
> RewriteEngine  on
> RewriteBase   %{REQUEST_URI}
> RewriteRule   ^(.+)          http://www.myweb.com/~mypage/$1
>
> but after a apachectl configtest, it complains about:
> RewriteBase: only valid in per-directory config files
>
> Any idea how to translate www.mydomain.com to www.myweb.com/~mypage ?

Don't use RewriteBase in httpd.conf. It's only supplied for use in .htaccess
files which are processed so late in the request that the module can't
properly determine the correct base for rewritng.

If you have a VirtualHost for www.mydomain.com, just put the
rewriteengine/rewriterule in there. If you're not using VirtualHosts (argh),
try:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond   %{HTTP_HOST} =www.mydomain.com
RewriteRule   ^(.+)        http://www.myweb.com/~mypage/$1 [R,L]