Re: URL forwarding

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 07:56:49AM -0400, Price, Erik wrote:
> > > Doesn't that mean that you need to use it in a /.htaccess
> > file?  Are you modifying httpd.conf or a .htaccess file?
> > >
> > I am modifying httpd.conf. So you mean I should add the three
> > lines above
> > in the .htaccess?
>
> Yes, the error message you got ("RewriteBase: only valid in per-directory config files") is referring to .htaccess file.  Put the rule in a .htaccess file and put that file in the docroot of the virtual host.

*hurk*

Just take RewriteBase out, it's not needed in httpd.conf files. And unless
configured to do so, Apache won't read .htaccess files, and the default
Debian config only enables them for user directories....

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      Reading, UK                           araqnid@innocent.com
Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer                               araqnid@debian.org