Re: spamassassin + exim

On 16 Oct 2002, Iain. wrote:
> Gottfried Szing <gottfried@szing.at> writes:
> > i would suggest to replace the spamassassin with spamc/spamd. spamd is a
> > daemon which runs in the background and spamc controls the daemon.
>
> I've got a couple of problems with spamd. First is that it doesn't
> appear to start correctly if I'm offline. I haven't investigated much,
> but it seems to look for a Razor server on startup, and it won't do
> Razor lookups after that fails.
>
> Secondly, I can't get it to read my ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
>         Iain.

I think the seeking for the Razor server on startup is a bug; I'm just
getting the latest version of spamassassin from testing so perhaps it
has been fixed.

I find that using Razor is very slow. I've therefore included the -L
switch in /etc/default/spamassassin to make filtering local and this has
speeded things up greatly without much increase in spam getting through.

AC

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic