Re: spamassassin + exim

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 16:59, Kevin Coyner wrote:

> apt-get install procmail.  Then, in your ~/.procmail/rc.recipe file,
> make sure you have something like:
>
> ########## filter all mail through SpamAssassin ##########
> :0 fw
> | spamassassin -P

i would suggest to replace the spamassassin with spamc/spamd. spamd is a
daemon which runs in the background and spamc controls the daemon.

the reason is that a mail flood kills the server because the perl-script
is causing the server to run at a very high load. in my case about 30-40
concurrently received mails killed the server or made him at least not
available for a while.

after moving to spamc/spamd everything works fine. and no problems with
an higher mail traffic.

cu