Re: What services are using these ports?

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 23:56, Hubert Chan wrote:
> [...]

[***SNIP!!!***]
> Marc> 	  25	smtp			I dont have smtpd running and do
> Marc> 					not plan to set up a mail server.
> Marc> 					Is this exim listening here?
>
> Yes, this would be exim.  If you don't need a mail server, get rid of
> it.  I'm not sure if local programs would ever need to talk to it via
> port 25, so I just set it up to listen only on the loopback interface,
> using xinetd.

Not to be confused with (although seeing some of the things that have
been transmitted via it, one must wonder) stmp - the "Shakespeare-Typing
Monkeys" Protocol ;)

> --
> Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
> PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA
> Fingerprint: 96C5 012F 5F74 A5F7 1FF7  5291 AF29 C719 124B 61FA
> Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net.   Encrypted e-mail preferred.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org