Re: No DHCPOFFERS received

Mark Janssen heeft geschreven:

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 14:57, Cuno Sonnemans wrote:
But I can't get any connection to the net. I looked in the syslog and there I found this: No DHCPOFFERS received, what does it mean and is this the reason why I can't connect to the internet.

It means your system is setup to ask a DHCP server for an IP adress.
Since you do not have a DHCP server there will be no answer to your dhcp
requests.

Change /etc/network/interfaces, and change the config there (see man
interfaces)

It should look something like this:

interface eth0 inet static
	address x.x.x.x
	network x.x.x.x
	netmask 255.255.255.0

mmm, what should I fill in at the x.x.x.x, I'am a newbie you know !!
This is my /etc/network/interfaces file
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian installation
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
#address    x.x.x.x
#network  x.x.x.x