Re: No DHCPOFFERS received

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 14:57, Cuno Sonnemans wrote:
> But I can't get any connection to the net. I looked in the syslog and
> there I found this:
> No DHCPOFFERS received, what does it mean and is this the reason why I
> can't connect to the internet.

It means your system is setup to ask a DHCP server for an IP adress.
Since you do not have a DHCP server there will be no answer to your dhcp
requests.

Change /etc/network/interfaces, and change the config there (see man
interfaces)

It should look something like this:

interface eth0 inet static
	address x.x.x.x
	network x.x.x.x
	netmask 255.255.255.0

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT