Re: dhclient and /000

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 03:22:20PM +0200, Franck Bui-Huu wrote:
> anybody knows why dhclient writes /000 after search list
> in /etc/resolv.conf file ?

I've come across that before - but only when the DHCP server runs WinNT
(or was it Win2K? - memory is volatile).

Perhaps this is the case for you?

To get my laptop to work on several customer's sites I've had to hack
scripts to strip out the trailing \0's in /etc/resolv.conf. If memory
serves it was /etc/dhclient-script or /etc/pcmcia/network...

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com