using exim for simple mail delivery

Does exim allow the config. of simple mail delivery
on the following system?:

-One mashine, connected tmp. to the internet
-one user with only one email adress and
  who likes to have his incoming mail sorted as:
   +one inbox for each subscribed maillist
   +one inbox for all the other mail

Unfortunately I can't figure out if mutt is able
to handle multiple inboxs on only one
email account. The mutt help only seems to discribe
the marking of maillist mail with the help of the 'lists'
definitions in ~/muttrc.

I found this in ../exim/oview.txt:
"
There is support for multiple user mailboxes controlled by prefixes or
    suffixes on the user name, either via the filter mechanism or through
    multiple .forward files.
"
Does 'this' user name relate to the name I used when
logging in my debian system?

People might advise me to have a look at procmail but
I thought of starting with a simple mail system
avoiding any additional programs which might
cause me to feel a bit helpless reading all those
man pages.

Would be realy realy grateful for some
helpful comments.

Robert