Re: ip alias

  On Oct 13 at 18:48, Alan Chandler spoke:

> Here is my /etc/network/interfaces with a number of aliased ip addresses on
> eth1.
>
> auto eth0 eth1 lo eth1:0 eth1:1 eth1:2

I have now

### etherconf DEBCONF AREA. DO NOT EDIT THIS AREA OR INSERT TEXT BEFORE IT.
auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet dhcp
	hostname snoopy

iface eth0:0 inet static
	address 1.1.1.1
	netmask 255.255.255.252

### END OF DEBCONF AREA.  PLACE YOUR EDITS BELOW; THEY WILL BE PRESERVED.

I have to issue `ifup eth0:0' manually.
If I put eth0:0 into the auto line. I get problems when booting:

Setting up IP spoofing protection: rp_filter.
Configuring network interfaces: eth0:0 ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device

Should I use a specific configuration tool?

The interface is on a PCMCIA card.

-Hanspeter