Re: Mutt and mailboxes

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:23:25AM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> Andy Saxena wrote:
> >I don't think Squirrelmail allows access to POP mailboxes.
> >
> Check out squirrelmail's web page.  Look at the plugins.

Thanks for the pointer, but I don't see any plug-ins that allow POP
access without downloading it in some way. I looked at the descriptions
of Mail Fetch and Mail Fetchmail.

An ideal situation would be being able to see the important message
headers like "From: " and "Subject: " and then being able to download
the message body by selecting a particular message; sort of like
pop3browser.

I could be wrong, but I think the fundamental idea of Squirrelmail is
IMAP access (consider the authentication procedure, for example).

Besides, Squirrelmail doesn't provide any way to enter the email server
information, username and password. I could've overlooked some
plug-in that does this too :-}.

-Andy