Re: Mutt and mailboxes

Andy Saxena wrote:
On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:33:29PM -0400, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

I actually do all this, too (except the squirrelmail part -- I just use
mail2web with the IMAP options for web access). It *is* a beautiful
setup -- can't recommend it highly enough!

If you have no trouble trusting strangers with your personal email, I
guess this would work. mail2web is a pretty cool idea, though. I wonder
if there's open sourced software that does the same thing.

I am a happy squirrelmail user, but I think the above solution is an
elegant solution for a large user base. It's low-maintenance and
hassle-free.

Apparently, there's a squirrelmail plugin that does fetchmail. Seems to me that *might* fill in the missing piece that mail2web is doing for you: letting the users maintain the retrieval process.