RE: Kernel Panic was: System is too Big; son of make menuconfig

Not a bad assumption, a bad problem: I did install from a deb, and the
source tree etc should be in /usr/src butitaint
If I am going to get out of this situation without reinstalling, I think I
need to start with where I am, which is a mystery to me.
When I just use reset to restart the computer I end up at the kernel panic;
When I use the rescue floppy I made I end up at the kernel panic;
When I use the rescue floppy and press shift at lilo start I get the choice
of linux or linux old. Either one of these without "root=/dev/hda7" leads to
the kernel panic;
Either one of these with the "root=/dev/hda7" leads to the kernel panic;
Using the install CD, "rescue root=/dev/hda7" gives me a login to where I am
which is text mode with virtually no access to any files on the system
because "Ext3 is not supported in the Kernel" which I do not think is either
the new kernel (I did say yes to Ext3 support...but I may have done this as
a module); or the old kernel, which definately had Ext3 support.

I think I am locked out.

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org