How do I start a X session on another machine

I have 2 machines running Woody and not enough desk space for both screens and keyboards. I'd like to be able to run X sessions on both machines from only one of the machines. When I ran SuSE I could use xhost +<host ip> to allow remote (or even other local users) access to the display. This doesn't work on Debian. Could someone tell me what the correct incantation is? Secondly I'd like to be able to run the host chooser on one of my vt's from gdm, ideas please.

Andrew