Re: wysiwyg html editor

    "Paul" == Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> writes:

    Paul> Do that for sanity, anyway.  I would also strongly advise
    Paul> you to make sure what you're writing is actually HTML and
    Paul> run it through the W3's validator.  http://validator.w3.org/
    Paul> They wrote the standard, if you create HTML, you play by
    Paul> thier rules.  8:o)

Incidentally, if you use XEmacs you get an HTML mode based on the
PSGML mode by default. This comes with all the DTDs for HTML, and the
editing mode is fully validating. You can use mouse clicks to figure
out what elements are allowed at any point, have emacs normalize your
HTML code, find errors and so on. All you need to do is ensure you
have a valid DOCTYPE declaration in your document, like

and you are set to go. Most of my HTML I write (not very frequent) I
do with emacs mouse assist, since I never remember half the tag names
and attributes ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal