Re: cdparanoia & cdrom as user

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 22:50, Hubert Chan wrote:

> Dale> I forgot to list that one.
>
> Dale> dale@meridian:~$ ls -l /dev/sg0
> Dale> crwxrwxrwx 1 root cdrom 21, 0 Mar 14 2002 /dev/sg0
>
> Hmm.  OK, you say that cdparanoia works as root, so can you run, as
> root, "cdparanoia -v 1 1.wav" and see what the output is?

I get the same error message.  I realize now the reason I can mount a
data cdrom is that fstab has option of user for /dev/cdrom.  When I
changed it to defaults I could not mount it.

I had woody on this machine before and had no problem, I copied fstab
from backup, so I must have had a problem mounting cdrom with the

Am I wrong or should I be able to mount cdrom with defaults if I am in
group cdrom as long as /cdrom, /dev/cdrom, /dev/scd0, etc are group
cdrom.