Re: tiny mouse howto update - console gpm, X and mouse wheel

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:39:23AM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:51:09AM +0200, Carel Fellinger wrote:
..
> > IIRC I had problems with autops and some mice I have, be it a Logitech
> > Mouse Man Wheel, or the simpler wheel version.
>
> It is "autops2".  I checked source and this is debian patch.

yep, that's what I ment to type:), anyhow, it doesn't work flawless on my
hardware, whereas imps2 works like a charm.

> > > FYI:"gpm -t help|less" command in woody/sarge should provide.
> > In comming versions or right now?
> > On my Woody machine the order differs, and there is a bonus fuimps2.
>
> Yes, order is my edit (For making it easy to read...  was my
> intention...)

that's fine with me, just wanted to make sure we were talking the same
version here.

> > > 2. What do you think of Debian Reference description?
> > >
> > >     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/
> > >     Chapter 3.3 Mouse configuration
> >
> > I had a hard time reading this, and only when I switched from links to
>
> ???
> How many chars per line do you use?  I use 80char/line and fine.

it's not the chars per line, it's the lines per screen:)

It took me some time to see were the first example ended and the next
started, at first it wasn't even clear that there were two examples!
(the first ended right on the first page, the second started right at
the top of the second page:)  And then it was not obvious just were the
two examples differed (having to page up and down losing context sure
didn't help).  But when I read Dale's proposal it with clear at first
look.  The whole example fitted on a single screen, and as a bonus I
didn't need to compare the two examples line by line to find the one
and only difference, it was very conveniently spelled out for me.

Oh, and thanks for incorporating list knowledge into the debian manual.

--
groetjes, carel