Re: Q: Xfree troubles!!! help, please

Raúl Wild-Spain wrote:

aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhh#%&$!!

I've updated and upgraded. After that again XFree -configure and -xf86config
with the newer config file.

... the same error!!!
Which "same error"? The one below?

Should I do something more?

* When installing x-window-system package with apt-get I could see the
following during the configuration process:

error processing xfonts-scalable (--configure) error status 127

dependency problems prevent configuration of x-window-system core:
w-window-system-core depends on xfonts-scalable
xfonts-scalable isn't configured yet

error processing x-window-system-core (--configure)
If so, there's still something horked about your basic install. Until you get no errors from "apt-get upgrade", you're going to have broken-ness. You might want to try "dselect", then Update, then Select, then Install. It's more inclusive than apt-get, and might get some missing dependency.

If apt-get finished without errors, and the "same error" you're referring to is something else, you might want to repost the text of that error. Also, instead of "XFree -configure" and "-xf86config", you might want to try "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common" and/or "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree".

Kent