Re: Q: Xfree troubles!!! help, please

Raúl Wild-Spain wrote:
* When installing x-window-system package with apt-get I could see the
following during the configuration process:

error processing xfonts-scalable (--configure) error status 127

dependency problems prevent configuration of x-window-system core:
w-window-system-core depends on xfonts-scalable
xfonts-scalable isn't configured yet

error processing x-window-system-core (--configure)

Kent wrote:

Oh, it looks like the problem may be xfonts-scalable instead of
xfonts-base.

Try "apt-get install --reinstall xfonts-scalable", followed by "apt-get
install x-windows-system-core".

Raúl Wild-Spain wrote:

> nothing .... the same problem persists! :-(   (also when reinstalling
> xfonts-scalable it says to me: " cannot open file /etc/X11/XftConfig" > for Speedo and Type1 ... )

It's beginning to sound like some of X has failed to install/configure. Are you installing Woody/Stable, Testing/Sarge, or Unstable/Sid?

Are you installing from CD or from network or what?

Let me encourage you to do an

	apt-get update
and
	apt-get upgrade