Re: Q: Xfree troubles!!! help, please

Raúl Wild-Spain wrote:

Hi, Kent,

Do you have installed "xfonts-base"?

yes!! ;-)

also xfonts-100dpi, 75dpi ...

Nobody makes reference, but I've mentioned that I could see an error during
the configuration of x-window-system (installed with apt-get) ... what do
you think about this error?  (I think that my problem is  possibly here, but
I don't know how I can to solve it)

I remember:

* When installing x-window-system package with apt-get I could see the
following during the configuration process:

error processing xfonts-scalable (--configure) error status 127

dependency problems prevent configuration of x-window-system core:
w-window-system-core depends on xfonts-scalable
xfonts-scalable isn't configured yet

error processing x-window-system-core (--configure)

Oh, it looks like the problem may be xfonts-scalable instead of xfonts-base.

Try "apt-get install --reinstall xfonts-scalable", followed by "apt-get install x-windows-system-core".

Kent