Re: Are the experimental GNOME2 debs any good?

On 5 Oct 2002 at 6:25, csj wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:33:33 -0400
> christophe barbé <christophe@cattlegrid.net> wrote:
>
> >  The status of gnome2 in experimental is very good. I can't find a
> >  good reason to keep it out of unstable other that the idea shared
> >  by a few that yet another debian level would be good
> >  (stable/testing/unstable/...). I use it since a few month and I am
> >  very happy with it. Before that I was using gnome1 and a few gnome2
> >  app (like you certainly sawfish and gnome-terminal) and my old
> >  laptop was slowdown by the doubled ram requirements of having both
> >  sets of library.
> >
> >  Note that gnome2 is a huge improvment over gnome1 (even if you have
> >  to accept a few changes) et also note that all recently released
> >  distribution use gnome2.
>
> Here's one reason to keep it out of unstable: the most important
> gnome2 app doesn't work for me: Application "same-gnome" (process
> 8620) has crashed due to a fatal error. (Floating point exception)

Perfect reason to avoid it. What's your high score? I'm at work and
can't see mine right now but recall at lest one 60 marble clear and a
30 or so to drive it right up. Reaching the point now that I keep
starting a new game after glancing a second at the screen to see if
there are any workable patterns.

gvl2 (Gerald)
'69 Beetle -- AirBall the Rolling Basket Case
'74 Kombi -- LifeSaver
http://www.phorce1.com