Re: Are the experimental GNOME2 debs any good?

The status of gnome2 in experimental is very good. I can't find a good
reason to keep it out of unstable other that the idea shared by a few
that yet another debian level would be good
(stable/testing/unstable/...). I use it since a few month and I am very
happy with it. Before that I was using gnome1 and a few gnome2 app (like
you certainly sawfish and gnome-terminal) and my old laptop was slowdown
by the doubled ram requirements of having both sets of library.

Note that gnome2 is a huge improvment over gnome1 (even if you have to
accept a few changes) et also note that all recently released
distribution use gnome2.

The problem with using gnome2 out of experimental is that unlike a staging
aera you get all the experimental stuff not related to gnome (unless you
tweak apt).

Christophe