Windows Metafiles (Alternative?)

Hi, thanks for interesting Linux/windows inter-operability tricks.

I wonder if there is easier path.

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:31:02PM +0930, Tom Cook wrote:
> On  0, Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> wrote:
> > Tom Cook wrote:
> > >
> > >I have this nasty NT app called ActiveHDL that I use for VHDL
> I am trying to get data from an NT system to a Debian system.  It is
> equally as much a Debian question as an NT question.  And since I am
> not subscribed to any NT mailing lists, I asked here.
>
> FYI I have found a solution, of sorts; copy-paste to word, save, open
> in OpenOffice, print to file, use:
>
> gs -sDEVICE=epswrite -sOutputFile=file.eps file.ps
>
> and I have an eps version.  *phew*.  More Debian than windows in
> there, you might notice.

I wonder if you can print your data directly to printer from the windows
application in question.  If it is yes to this question, you should be
able to create a PS file as an output file of printing operation using
print-to-file option and printer driver such as ones for apple laser
printers.

Once you print to a file using PS file format in windows, you can move
to a Linux box and do your trick with EPS.  No Word/OpenOffice are
needed in this approach.

Even if you can not print from the original windows application in
question, you can print PS file from MSWord. That makes 1 less step (No
large OpenOffice to start).

Just my 2 cents.
        Osamu Aoki @ Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ also http://qref.sf.net
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract