Re: OT: mass installation on XBox

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 07:13, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:42:08PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> > also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2002.10.03.1118 +0200]:
> > > You might even be lucky enough to evade the EUCD, then, which is not
> > > that far off ...
> >
> > So being German, I am interested. How the hell can anyone make it
> > illegal for me to modify the product I legally bought to do the legal
> > things I want to do therewith???
> >
> > Where in the EUCD would this be stated? I can't find it on
> >   http://uk.eurorights.org/issues/eucd/eucd.html
>
> Ever heard of the term "circumvention", as applied to copy-prevention
> techniques? See the URL you quoted, chapter III, article 6.

So as long as he's not playing pirated games, he should be legal.
(However, since IANAL, and MSFT is Evil, something Bad might still
happen...)

Clustering 100 Xboxen still seems like a waste of public money.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "What other evidence do you have that they are terrorists, |
|  other than that they trained in these camps?"             |
|   17-Sep-2002 Katie Couric to an FBI agent regarding the 5 |
|   men arrested near Buffalo NY                             |