Re: java applets & mozilla

Bob Proulx wrote:

Mirek Dobsicek <m.dobsicek@sh.cvut.cz> [2002-10-01 14:33:09 +0200]:
how can I make java applets working in mozilla?
I'm running Sarge .. mozilla 1.0, jdk1.1
Java is enabled in mozilla.

If you want painless, then do this.  Put this line in your
/etc/apt/sources.list file.

 deb http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/debian woody non-free

Then:

 apt-get update
 apt-get install j2re1.3
I have had this working at one time but through some series of upgrades I now get on my somewhere between testing and unstable system:

joy:/home/paul# apt-get install j2re1.3
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
 j2re1.3: Depends: j2se-common (> 1) but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution). joy:/home/paul# apt-get -f install Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
 locales
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 j2re1.3
 locales
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 10  not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/3389kB of archives. After unpacking 26.7MB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Preconfiguring packages ...
dpkg: error processing j2re1.3 (--remove):
Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
reinstall it before attempting a removal.
j2re1.3

Any ideas?

TIA,

Paul Scott