Re: java applets & mozilla

Paul Scott, 2002-Oct-02 22:33 -0700:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
>
> >Mirek Dobsicek <m.dobsicek@sh.cvut.cz> [2002-10-01 14:33:09 +0200]:
> >

> >>how can I make java applets working in mozilla?
> >>I'm running Sarge .. mozilla 1.0, jdk1.1
> >>Java is enabled in mozilla.
> >>

> >If you want painless, then do this.  Put this line in your
> >/etc/apt/sources.list file.
> >
> > deb http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/debian
> > woody non-free
> >
> >Then:
> >
> > apt-get update
> > apt-get install j2re1.3
> >

> I have had this working at one time but through some series of upgrades
> I now get on my somewhere between testing and unstable system:
>
> joy:/home/paul# apt-get install j2re1.3
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>  j2re1.3: Depends: j2se-common (> 1) but it is not installable
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
> specify a solution).
> joy:/home/paul# apt-get -f install
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Correcting dependencies... Done
>  locales
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>  j2re1.3
>  locales
> 0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 10  not upgraded.
> 1 packages not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B/3389kB of archives. After unpacking 26.7MB will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> Preconfiguring packages ...
> dpkg: error processing j2re1.3 (--remove):
> Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
> reinstall it before attempting a removal.
> j2re1.3
>

> Any ideas?

I just ran into this.  I did an update on my mostly-Woody system and
went to install something in aptitude and it removed j2re1.3.  It said
it was broken due to some dependancy issues.  Now, trying to install
it, I can't and it I get this:

root # apt-get install j2re1.3
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely
that
that package should be filed.

  j2re1.3: Depends: j2se-common (> 1) but it is not installable
E: Sorry, broken packages

It also listed java-common as an unmet dependancy, but I installed
that separately.  I can't find j2se-common at all.

I don't see this as a known or pending bug on Blackdown's site, so
I've submitted a bug report.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer