Re: Mutt and mailboxes

* David P James (dpjames@rogers.com) [021002 20:05]:

> interest in checking it. What I would like is to have Mutt default to
> opening up Mozilla's mbox at
> ~/.mozilla/default/********.slt/Mail/pop.my.isp/Inbox . I can force mutt

To specify your spoolfile, put "set spoolfile=~/.mozilla/..." in your
.muttrc .  Alternatively, set your $MAIL environment variable in your
shell's startup scripts.

> solution. I've also noticed that there is no .mutt or the like file or
> directory in my home directory, which is somewhat perplexing.

Mutt will read a .muttrc if you write one, but it won't write one on its
own.

Further places to look for help are the mutt manual (in
/usr/share/doc/mutt, or on the web), and the mutt-users@mutt.org
archives, the mutt homepage, Sven Guckes' mutt site, and (of course)
google.

good times,
Vineet
--