IMAP Configuration - uw-imapd

Hi,

I've installed "uw-imapd" using apt-get on my work e-mail server (Debian
woody). I can login successfully using telnet on port 143 (and 123 LOGIN
<user> <pwd> and 124 LOGOUT).

However, I cannot get our e-mail clients (Microsoft Outlook 2000 alas) to
connect correctly. The error message I get at the client is:

  Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may occur if you have
  left the connection idle for too long.

The error message appears pretty much straight away.

I've searched the web for a good hour or so, but I can't find anything
that relates directly to my problem. Nor can I find any error logs on our
server.

My questions are:

*) is Outlook known to work / not work with uw-imapd?
*) is there any manual configuration of uw-imapd I need to do? (The apt-get
   install procedure didn't seem to do much nor suggest any further work.)
*) where does uw-imapd log info/errors to?

Regards,

David

--
David Shaw, System Administrator               David.Shaw@itvworld.com