Re: IMAP Configuration - uw-imapd

I can't speak for the Debian package, but I use my own build of
uw-imapd. One thing does come to mind - do your users have home
directories? I'm not sure what would happen if a user didn't have one,
uw-imapd assumes you want to start there.

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 11:14:06AM +1000, David Shaw wrote:
> *) is Outlook known to work / not work with uw-imapd?

Back when I first set it up I tested with Outlook Express, and it
worked. It's reasonable to think that Outlook 2000 would, but I don't
have it so I can't test it. All the other IMAP clients I've tried have
worked.

> *) is there any manual configuration of uw-imapd I need to do? (The apt-get

No, uw-imapd doesn't even use a configuration file.

> *) where does uw-imapd log info/errors to?

It should log through syslog using the "mail" facility. Wherever you
have those messages going is where the imapd messages go. Mine records
all logins, but I don't remember if that's normal or if I had to
configure it to do so at compile time.

--
Michael Heironimus