Re: IMAP Configuration - uw-imapd

--On Thursday, October 03, 2002 11:14:06 +1000 David Shaw <David.Shaw@itvworld.com> wrote:

Hi,

  Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may occur if you have
  left the connection idle for too long.

Maybe it's a tcpwrapper thing? (hosts.allow/hosts.deny).

The error message appears pretty much straight away.

I've searched the web for a good hour or so, but I can't find anything
that relates directly to my problem. Nor can I find any error logs on our
server.

I find a good way is to do "ls -lrt /var/log" and see what the last few modified files are. then tail those files. Does that give you anything at all?

My questions are:

*) is Outlook known to work / not work with uw-imapd?

I would think it should work, I have used netscape,mulberry,squirrelmail,twig etc. with uw-imapd.

*) is there any manual configuration of uw-imapd I need to do? (The
apt-get    install procedure didn't seem to do much nor suggest any
further work.) *) where does uw-imapd log info/errors to?

All I remember doing is adding users to the system (in the normal /etc/passwd file). I think there it logs to is a very system specific thing (I had my uwimap server on a very old redhat box).

Hope that helps a little.

Sid