Some problems printing

On Thursday 26 September 2002 17:11, Andy Saxena wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 12:44:46PM +0200, Ronald Castillo wrote:
> > Hello..
> >
> > Reading this thread I decided to give a try to CUPS and I've managed to
> > configure my printer (HP Deskjet 722C connected to a Win2K PC on LAN).
> > Anyway, I'm not able to print because I need to specify the Username and
> > Password, but I can't find any way of doing this.  Could anyone please
> > give me a hand on this one?
>
> Where are you trying to print from?
>
> > Also, how can I make other programs "see" the printer and let them print
> > from it? Opera and KDE don't detect it..
>
> Which interface did you use to set up your printer? When you set up the
> printer, you'd have had to give it a name. Any KDE app. should show the
> printer name in the print dialog box.
>
> -Andy

I'm trying to print the test page from a Debian Sarge PC.  After messing
around a while I made KDE see the printers, but non-KDE apps (Opera) don't.

Now, I've fixed the username/password issue, but now when I try to print it
shows sometimes "Unable to connect to SAMBA client" and some other times the
printing seems to go through, but the printer queue in the Win2000 PC shows
"Remote low level document" for a while before deleting it.  Any clues on how
to fix this? Thanks!

Ronald