Re: fluxbox menus

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 04:02:18PM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 08:15:03PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote......
> > Beware, changes in /usr/lib/menu will be overwritten on upgrade ... /etc
> > is safe, /usr isn't.
>
> Oh-oh.  Geez, and I thought I had it figured out.  I've looked in
> /etc/menu-methods and have read the man and find the changes I'd like to
> make are not easy to do (at least it seems so).
>
> All I'm trying to do is add a geometry argument to xzgv when it's called
> up from the menu (i.e. xzgv -g 680x480+50+20).  I suppose I'm supposed
> to make an edit in /etc/menu-methods/fluxbox, but just how to do that is
> not obvious (at least to me).

I don't think you should change the window manager's menu-method.
They're supposed to be orthogonal to what each package supplies, so that
you can install a new window manager and get a similar menu structure.

Chapter 5 of the manual in /usr/share/doc/menu/html/ suggests that it's
possible to add your own menu entry in ~/.menu/, using the same name as
a system entry to override it. Does that help?