Re: fluxbox menus

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 08:15:03PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote......
> > > update-menus is doing this. There's documentation in the menu package,
> > > and (as I remember) some provision for the kinds of user additions
> > > you're trying to make.
> >
> > You're spot on right.  update-menus.  I've gone through the docs, and
> > have made some simple edits to a few of the files in /usr/lib/menu to
> > achieve what I wanted.  Perfecto!  Thanks.
>
> Beware, changes in /usr/lib/menu will be overwritten on upgrade ... /etc
> is safe, /usr isn't.

Oh-oh.  Geez, and I thought I had it figured out.  I've looked in
/etc/menu-methods and have read the man and find the changes I'd like to
make are not easy to do (at least it seems so).

All I'm trying to do is add a geometry argument to xzgv when it's called
up from the menu (i.e. xzgv -g 680x480+50+20).  I suppose I'm supposed
to make an edit in /etc/menu-methods/fluxbox, but just how to do that is
not obvious (at least to me).

I'll keep at it ... ;-)

Kevin