Re: apt-get upgrade from testing broke aptitude, kpackage

Leo Spalteholz wrote:
Bob Nielsen wrote:

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 11:37:50AM -0700, Leo Spalteholz wrote:

I did a routine apt-get upgrade today from testing. There were a ton of updated packages including libc, rpm etc. However now when I try to run aptitude it says loading cache and locks up. For kpackage it says kpackage: error while loading shared libraries: librpmdb-4.0.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory So I'm guessing its the rpm upgrade that broke all that stuff.. Should I revert to an older version of rpm? How do I do this outside of aptitude?

I'm not seeing that error here.

I suspect that something didn't get updated properly.  'apt-cache show
kpackage' indicates a depends on librpm >= 4.0.3, while the new
librpm is version 4.0.4 which satisfies this.

Try 'apt-get check', which may indicate where the problem lies.

apt-get check returns no errors. I got kpackage to start by making symlinks to the rpm libs. I had 4.0.4 and it was looking for 4.0.3. However aptitude is still broken and I don't know if kpackage supports downgrading versions of packages. I also wanted to go back to msttcore 1.0.1 because 1.1.0 screws up all my fonts. How can I do this from the command line?

ok I fixed aptitude by reinstalling it.

leo