Re: apt-get upgrade from testing broke aptitude, kpackage

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 11:37:50AM -0700, Leo Spalteholz wrote:
> I did a routine apt-get upgrade today from testing.  There were a
> ton of updated packages including libc, rpm etc.  However now
> when I try to run aptitude it says loading cache and locks up.
> For kpackage it says
> kpackage: error while loading shared libraries:
> librpmdb-4.0.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
> So I'm guessing its the rpm upgrade that broke all that stuff..
> Should I revert to an older version of rpm?  How do I do this
> outside of aptitude?

I'm not seeing that error here.

I suspect that something didn't get updated properly.  'apt-cache show
kpackage' indicates a depends on librpm >= 4.0.3, while the new
librpm is version 4.0.4 which satisfies this.

Try 'apt-get check', which may indicate where the problem lies.