Re: Question on File Permissions

Well, basically what I learned today, is that web file permissions are usually handled by the FTP client, which I am finding out is a problem with certain FTP utils like Dreamweaver for instance, because for some reason you have to download the Exchange Utilties which cost more $$ to get the feature of setting default UPLOAD permissions, while several other FTP utils have this feature built in.

I am a little pissed, that Dreamweaver would have people scrating their heads on this one, with no info in the help, or on there web site. In their forums, several people have had the same trouble and it takes a user, not Macromedia to tell them the answer is to spend more dollars on Dreamweaver extensions.

Shouldn't this feature just be built in to any Web writing software?

Oh well, thanks for all your help with this one.

-Debuser