Re: How can I get graphing in Gnumeric?

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 21:55:36 -0500, Dan Griswold wrote:
> I know that Gnumeric supposedly has graphing capability. I know that this
> capability is dependent on guppi-gnumeric, a virtual package that on my
> box (running Sid) points to libguppi16. I have version 1.1.7-1 of Gnumeric
> installed,

Gnumeric 1.1.7-1 is not, nor has it ever been in sid. It has only been in
project/experimental, where it has been replaced by newer builds (currently
1.1.8-2).

Install the sid version (currently 1.0.9-5) and thing should be fine.

> Some other (probably unrelated) strange things:
>
> * Help doesn't work. Yields the error: "Bonobo-WARNING **: Error:
>   'Unable to find the help files in either
>   /usr/share/gnumeric/1.1.7-bonobo//share/gnome/help/gnumeric/ or
>   /usr/share/gnome/help/.  Please check your installation'"

That's a known issue which I hope to fix in 1.1.9-1.

> * The program starts with a custom zoom magnification of 10%. Ouch.

1.1.8-2 properly registers its schemas with gconf, so this is probably fixed
or at least easy to change now.

> * Gnumeric spits out many warnings to stderr about "Cannot load font
>   for XLFD yada-yada-yada-*-* ...

I don't claim to understand GNOME(2)'s font handling; you may want to check
the debian-gtk-gnome list archives or ask on that list.

Ray
--
Sexual paranoia: did I once unknowingly sleep with THEM?