Re: gtk-gnutella

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 08:49:59PM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> Hi, tried setting this up and am not clear on what it requires from
> my network to function properly.
>
> I have a continuous stream of "host not found" errors as it goes
> ripping through DNS entries.  And nothing is connecting after about
> 10 minutes.

Beware, I haven't used gtk-gnutella for a LONG time (I found mutella
:-)), but as far as I remember, most of the Gnutella cache servers in
that package have long since been removed.  If you're in stable, I can
almost guarantee none of them are up anymore.  Go to
http://gnutella.wego.com/ and you'll find some servers that are active.

Happy to help,

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735