i810 and X (and automatic power-down)

Hi, everyone -

I have two questions.

First the big one. I'm trying to get X working with an i810 chipset and seem to be having some problems with agpgart. Distribution is woody stable. This seems to be the the important message from the log:

(--) I810(0): Chipset: "i810"
(--) I810(0): Linear framebuffer at 0xE0000000
(--) I810(0): IO registers at addr 0xE6000000
(EE) Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such device)
(**) I810(0): Will alloc AGP framebuffer: 16384 kByte

I've verified that /dev/agpgart exists, so I'm guessing something else is going on here. I've put the entire log file, a working XF86Config-4 from this machine's Mandrake personality, the XF86Config-4 that dpkg gave me, and a listing of /boot here:

<http://www.moriarti.org/~jtc/debian/>

in the hopes that some kind soul who speaks X better than I will help me.

Second question is with power off during a shutdown -h. For some reason, the Mandrake distro automatically powers down the machine, while the Debian one doesn't. I didn't notice any different kernel flags or command line parameters to halt in the various rc.* scripts, so I was wondering if there might be something else I should be checking.

thanks very much in advance!
Jeff Cours