Re: Moving mailboxes in Postfix

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 01:27:37PM -0700, nate wrote:

| I may be missing something, but from what I know, postfix doesn't
| store mail(other then the mail queue), if your referring to moving
| a mail account from 1 system to another, and how easy it is, that
| entirely depends upon the kind of mail system your using. I use cyrus
| and it's not too difficult to move from one system to another, though
| its not as simple as just copy the files over

It's funny you say that, because that's what I did just a few days ago
to move from one machine to another :-}. I just needed /var/lib/cyrus
and /var/spool/cyrus, and it worked just fine.

To be fair, mine is a single-user system, and the transfers were between
Debian systems using version 2.1.9 of cyrus.

-Andy