Re: Moving mailboxes in Postfix

Telneting in I get:

+OK oceanica Cyrus POP3 v2.0.16 server ready

And I intend to use Postfix on the new system.

And I have all passwords, but as you say that wouldn't matter as I can do basically whatever I want with their accounts.

er, i shoulda been more clear. When I mean mail system I meant what
software, that is, UW IMAP? Cyrus ? Courier? I'm not famillar with
SuSE's email server software, also what software do you plan to use
on the debian side? And do you have the passwords for those users so
you can migrate the authentication?(or you could just assign them
new ones and tell them).

A last resort method, a method I used for migrating from UW IMAP to
Cyrus almost 2 years ago at my company was to bring up the cyrus
server and have users copy/move the mail from the old server to the
new server via their IMAP clients since there was not a solid migration
system that I could trust to do the migration offline.

So:

1) what email server software does SusE use?(one way to try to find out
is to telnet to ports 110 and 143 and look at the banner the software sends
out)2) what email server software(UW IMAP, Courier, Postfix, other?) do you
plan to use on the debian system?

nate