Re: Galeon - java

* Ramon Kagan <rkagan@YorkU.CA> [19-09-2002 16:45]:
> I run mozilla and netscape and have no problems with java.  However, if I
> run galeon, all I get is "you need to install the plugin".  Seeing that galeon
> uses mozilla, how does one get galeon to recognize that the java
> requirements are actually there?

Galeon has its own checkmark for java. But that is all I can think
of. Nothing else is required as far as I can tell.

Are Galeon and Mozilla in sync? This used to be a problem before
Mozilla hit stable. Cleaning out .galeon and perhaps some Gnome
config direcrories solved strange problems for me. Bookmarks etc are
also stored there so be careful when rm -r'ing these directories.

What about flash and the like?

I have never had Netscape on my system so I'm not sure if that
changes matters.

Bob