Re: Galeon - java

On Thursday 19 September 2002 17:44, Ramon Kagan wrote:
> HI,
>
> I run mozilla and netscape and have no problems with java.  However, if I
> run galeon, all I get is "you need to install the plugin".  Seeing that
> galeon uses mozilla, how does one get galeon to recognize that the java
> requirements are actually there?
>

> Ramon Kagan
> York University, Computing and Network Services
> Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
> (416)736-2100 #20263
> rkagan@yorku.ca
>
> -------------------------------------
> I have not failed.  I have just
> found 10,000 ways that don't work.
> 	- Thomas Edison
You need the Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0 -
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html

1. Install Java Runtime Environment.
2. Make a symbolic link to libjavaplugin_oji140.so (JRE 1.4.0) in your Mozilla
Plugins directory.
This works both for Mozilla 1.0 and Galeon 1.2.5 - Galeon uses the same plugin
directory.

Hope this helps. Source - http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/