Re: exim right choice?

My ISP only lets me get my mail if I am on their network so what I did was setup fetchmail to go poll my ISP Pop email box and pull it into my Debian box sitting at home and drop it into an IMAP account then I use Kmail or the webmail program I set up to check my mail from work/friends houses etc. Since it drops it off into a local IMAP server I don't have to worry about leaving my mail behind and losing it and trying to remember where that important email that I got is, if I pulled it in at work or what, with IMAP the mail sits on the server till I delete it. Then I use my own sendmail SMTP to send mail out (my ISP has had bad problems with their SMTP server going down)

Steve Waterman wrote:

Just run kmail, let it grab the mail from your isp's server. For local smtp transport (to your smtp server at the isp), ssmtp is a nice, easily configurable replacement for sendmail or exim.

No reason to make it complicated than necessary.