Re: Video window still dark....

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 19:28, Pierre Dupuis wrote:
> I have got a ATI radeon 8500, and i'm using the 4.2.1.0-pre1 xfree
> server...I'm going to test some over color depth, i will infor you :)

It's got nothing to do with color depth, it's the simple fact that
XVideo extensions are not fully implemented in the radeon drivers.
Getting the extension is some kind of a hassle. Basically, you need to:

1. Get the XFree source (preferably from DRI CVS,
http://dri.sourceforge.net)
2. Get the necessary patch, it's somewhere on the maillist or I can send
you a diff file
3. Apply the patch, there's some manual work if you're using the one
from the list
4. Compile and install the stuff

If you make it this far, it works really well. The only thing you'll
have to do is not to overwrite the radeon driver afterwards (the binary
driver packages from DRI do this!)

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!