Re: exim right choice?

Just run kmail, let it grab the mail from your isp's server.

For local smtp transport (to your smtp server at the isp), ssmtp is a nice,
easily configurable replacement for sendmail or exim.

No reason to make it complicated than necessary.

On Thursday 19 September 2002 06:12, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i currently use a dual boot win98/debian 3.0. Since i'm having so much fun
with debian, i am going to put my Suse 7.2 server on debian too.
> While i'm doing this, i would like to set up a simple mail retrieving
mechanism.
> I think exim will do the job fine but i want to be sure :-)
> My network is setup like this: the dualboot pc behind the suse 7.2 server
which has connection to the internet via cable.
> I have 2 mailboxes at my isp, 1 for me and 1 for my wife. So i would like
exim to run on my soon-to-be debian server and check the mailbox from me and
my wife at my isp's site every x minutes and store the mail locally on my
server.

> Then i would use Kmail (or another client) to connect to my server and get
the mail from there instead of from my isp. Of course, i don't want to
retrieve the mail from my wife. Would save me a lot of time since i'm
currently subscribed to a couple of debian mailing lists and they are quite
busy :-)

> When sending mail, my mail client should send it to my server which then
would take care of sending it to my isp's pop3 server.
> The whole setup would add an extra step: instead of email client - isp it
would be email client - local server - isp.