Re: moving from sid to sarge.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 22:59:09 -0700, Steve Juranich wrote:
> I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the new way that AJ is running
> the sarge release cycle is leaving far more truly "unstable" packages in
> the "unstable" tree,

I see little difference with the previous development cycle. Unstable is
perhaps a bit more worthy of its name than in the previous cycle, but that's
largely due to the large number of upstream changes that affect it (GNOME2,
gcc 3.2, perl 5.8, merge of textutils, fileutils, shellutils into coreutils
etc.). I definitely see no reason to blame AJ for this.

Looking at things the other way around: unfortunately it's true that many of
the changes in unstable haven't percolated to testing yet;
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html suggests testing
will see a large update once libc percolates through.

Ray
--
Friends don't send friends HTML email
	Declan McCullagh on the "features" of Javascript in email,